White Iron Chain Of Lakes Association
Water Action Day to be held at Minnesota State Capitol on April 10
Concerned citizens will meet with legislators and rally to protect Minnesota's water.
Registration is open for Water Action Day 2018!
Water Action Day is a day of public action and advocacy to let lawmakers know Minnesotans care about their water.
The all-day event will include a free breakfast and briefings in the morning, both on how to actively engage and influence legislators and on the water issues Minnesota faces.
Throughout the day, attendees can attend group meetings, meet with legislators to ask them to protect our water, attend important hearings on our bills, participate in a youth summit, and join the Clean Water Rally that will be held in the Capitol Rotunda at 2:00 pm.
Sign up today and find out how you can participate!
Come for all or part of the day!
- Free breakfast at home base (church basement): 8-10 a.m.
- Citizen lobbying & policy basics (repeating sessions) 8:30 a.m. – Noon
- Drop-in policy briefings (multiple topics): 9 a.m. – Noon
- Meetings with your legislators: throughout the day
- Free lunch at home base: 11 a.m.-1 p.m
- (NEW): Environmental Town Hall with key state leaders: time TBD
- Water film screening (film TBD): 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Youth Summit with Walz Administration: time TBD
- #ProtectOurWater Rally in the Rotunda: 2 p.m.
- Committee hearings on key water legislation: time TBD
Minnesota State Capitol & Christ Lutheran Church
105 University Ave W.
St. Paul, MN 55103